Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Quick Chair Re-do

This may have been my favorite chair to work on to date. It was such a simple project but such a fabulous transformation! I found this little gem in a small store and immediately scooped it up. I LOVED the high back and the overall look of it. It was a little banged up but nothing a little bit of TLC (ie wood filler, gorilla glue and sandpaper) couldn't fix!

On it's way into my trunk but snapped a "before" picture first. Excuse my finger (thumb?) in the bottom. Obviously, I was too excited to notice!

Once it was repaired, sanded and primed I painted it silver and added a bit of gold varnish on top. It helped bring down the edge of the silver paint.

On the "drying rack" with the other chairs I was working on.


Added a bit more padding to the seat and recovered in a black velvet fabric. It came out gorgeous!

A view of the back of the chair in its new room!



No comments:

Post a Comment