Tuesday, June 21, 2011

just great Lilly????

I'll be honest with you here - I've never really been that huge of a Lilly Pulitzer fan...for myself, that is. I think it looks adorable on little girls or if you live year round in Palm Beach. Sometimes I find something that I like and, lately, I have really been liking some of their new designs. Imagine my surprise while flipping through my Horchow magazine recently (love their monogrammed Ralph Lauren towels on sale!) that they had an entire spread on Lilly Pulitzer FURNITURE?! And, its fabulous! Great lines and the colors, oh, the colors! I snapped a quick picture and sent a text of it to The Boss since I was so impressed "Lots of color!".
If you have a keen eye you may recognize the blue chandelier in the bottom right corner - its the same as the purple one we have in the showroom. Thats how I kept envisioning ours - in a dressing room....my own dressing room - and I'll take that ottoman too - it doubles as a shoe container!


Oh, Lilly! We may have a connection after all!

But back to the actual furniture! Since I was so enthralled with the colors and style - especially that pink chair at the desk - I wanted to do a bit more research. I found out the line is launching this summer and it debuted last fall at High Point. I found some pictures I just loved on various blogs that I have copied below. Mainly I am posting the following three pictures because they remind me of my current project I am working on. I just finished painting the first coat on a chair we have in bright yellow. Like school bus yellow. I was afraid it would be too much but after seeing these pictures I am soo excited about it!







Oh! How I want to find a coffee table to paint pink now!! But first, I must finish my yellow chair...


No comments:

Post a Comment