Thursday, June 30, 2011

just great Gerry

This is not going to be a post about interior design or a new project we are working on. Those will resume shortly. Instead, we are going to briefly celebrate someone that usually prefers to stand back and let everyone else shine. It's now his time to shine in the spotlight and so today and this weekend we are celebrating my great dad, Gerry Pankow.

It is my personal opinion that I have a fabulous family and I think most would agree. We have a blast when we are together and share a closeness although we all live in different cities. I am the only one that still lives in the same city as my parents. Being the youngest I have always been very close to my parents and love seeing them on a regular basis. For as long as I can remember my dad has been one of my favorite people in my life - he is on a pedestal to me that not many people can touch. His integrity and character are to be admired and respected. He is without a doubt a wonderful father and husband and we are all so proud of him. Tomorrow he is turning 70 and in honor of his birthday I asked each of my siblings (his children) and our mom to just send over a quick thought or memory that stands out as their favorite about him. I hope these snippets give you a small glimpse into the man we all so adore and love.
  • I love Dads sense of humor and his dry jokes. I have also always admired his unconditional love and commitment to Pat and the way he talks about her and their life together. His faith and strong belief in the Lord has been instrumental in why I have a relationship with Christ today. Finally, I love the joy and happiness Dad gets from being with his family, as do we!! I am very proud of our Dad!! (Heather)
  • Having dad walk me down the aisle was an extremely special moment for us. I would do it over and over again if I could. Father daughter dance to "Isn't She Lovely" was a very close second. (Susan)
  • When he came to Nashville for three weeks and lived with us in our apartment and worked from morning to night. (Rich)
  • He tell me he loves me every time we talk on the phone or see each other – even if its multiple times a day. His honest and humble way he carries himself. That no matter what I do or have done he always lets me know that I am loved and he has a way of always making me feel like everything will be all right. (Kack)
  • I love the fact that a guy who has a very impressive resume is willing to tote oriental carpets around, hang up very heavy pictures way up high, ride around in a KIA with bulky canvases hovering over his head and not complain. Gerry Pankow is a very good man and I am so proud to be his wife. (Pat)
Dad/Gerry - Thank you for being who you are. You are so loved and we are all so proud of you. We hope you have the most amazing birthday and we are honored to celebrate YOU!

The whole Pankow gang

Sherri with Dad at one of her many events

Dad & I this past Fathers Day at AMI

Heather and Dad at the creek


Susan and Dad at her wedding dancing to Isn't She Lovely

Rich (and William) with Dad "fishing" in the backyard

Mom and Dad this past Christmas in Cashiers, NC

Dad and Mom two Christmas' ago in Montreal

Last month at Rawlings baptism

Dad with his girls


No comments:

Post a Comment