Monday, July 25, 2011

New Projects!

One of the recurring themes I saw at the Atlanta Market was painted furniture. Obviously, this made me so happy since that was my latest wagon I have jumped on. I rambled on and on each day over all the possibilities and my excitement grew with each new piece and variation I saw. There were painted chairs, tables, dressers, hutches, bed posts and on and on and on. High gloss to distressed and bold to muted - all colors were represented. And, I loved each and every one of them! I couldn't wait to get back home and get started. I got home and, well, instead life and work (mainly work) took place. Boo! I did find some time yesterday to start painting a chair that has been sitting in the garage and finished it today. It looks fabulous! We had the seat covered in a gorgeous Asian inspired silk print and I am so anxious to secure the cushion back on the chair and debut the finished look. OHHHH - is it going to be amazing!! To top off my excitement I found four new pieces today to start on. I got two matching chairs, a dresser and a china cabinet. My furniture high today could not be matched!! I have been dreaming of paint colors, researching distressing techniques, looking up new handles and toying with various fabrics to use. Don't you just love when you get so excited over a project that it consumes your every thought? I seriously can not stand it! As I did with the wicker table and yellow chair I have already started taking pictures and documenting each stage so I can share the process with y'all. Since my free time continues to be a bit limited as of late I can't promise these will be done immediately but knowing how I can get a little one track minded when I am excited about something something tells me I will be done sooner than later! I'll update again soon on the progress but check back soon for a picture of the ahhhh-mazing chair. I guarantee when you see it you are going to want it for yourself - no matter what your personal style is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment